Monday, May 24, 2010

Going, going, gone....

Sunday I went to my first auction.  My wife spied an article in the local paper about an estate auction being held nearby and part of the estate was a wood working shop!

The auctions started at 10:00, and I didn't get there until nearly 9:45, so I didn't have as much chance to walk around and scope things out as I would have liked.

I got a little electric sharpener (by craftsman) for $10.00.  This will be good enough to hollow grind a set of junkie bench chisels, but I don't want to use it on my good chisels or my plane blades.














I got a set of clamp edge guides for $30.  Two 4', One 3' and Two 2'



















I also got a 3/4 HP single stage dust collector (woodtek) for $40, and a 1 HP single stage dust collector (relaint) for $45.00.














I got outbid on a 6"x4" craftsman disk / belt sander, several different types of clamps, and 2 different oscillating spindle sanders.

Now I just need some hose fittings for the Dust collection (I'm going to put the 3/4 HP on my Bandsaw full time and move the 1HP around as I need it) and I'll be in business.

No comments: