Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I love a new tool!

About the only thing missing from my shop was a thickness planer and decent jointer.  I saw a video review of the RIKON 12" Combo Jointer / Planer and thought it would be a great idea for my shop (and its rapidly vanishing floor space) to get a combo set-up.  That way I would get rid of the old (nearly broken) 4" jointer I have and replace it with a combo.

Now the RIKON is supposed to be about $1600.00 and that was a lot of money for me drop on any tool (combination or not).  I did some web surfing and found another video review of the JET 10" combo Jointer / Planer -- and the good news is that it was on $399.00 at Woodcraft.

Well - long story short - it turned out to be cheaper by about $30.00 for me to buy it at Amazon.com and pay $419.00 for it - free shipping.

Yesterday was the big day, and the box was dropped of by ABF.  I moved back into the shop and put the beasty together.


And here it is:

No comments: